Sunday, August 23, 2009

I don't know what I should be looking for...can someone please help?

The power cord (the charger) to my IBM ThinkPad laptop has a short in it. The wires are fraying near the end that plugs into the back of the computer. Is there any way to fix this, or should I just get a new one? And what should I be looking for? The adaptor seems to be ok; it's just the end of the cord that needs repair or replacement. Because of the short in the cord, our computer is basically running on battery power; I can't get the cord to make the connection to charge the computer. What should I do?? Thanks for any help.



I don't know what I should be looking for...can someone please help?security



You will have to replace the power cord. Most of the power cords for IBM/Lenovo are model specific. I suggest that you get an identical power cord.



If you use an older power cord with a newer model IBM the power adapter can overheat and do damage to your laptop.



Below, is the warranty look up web-page if you want to check and see if your laptop is under warranty. You will need model# and serial # to check the status of your ThinkPad. You can look under "parts for this system" and get a part# for a replacement power cord.



http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.w...



I don't know what I should be looking for...can someone please help?trojan



u need to get new charger...
u could go to radioshack or some computer store and prolly get one of the geeks in there to replace the cord plug ... or just search the model# online and buy a new one ...

No comments:

Post a Comment