Sunday, August 23, 2009

Corrupt hard drive - How can I recover files??

I've asked this previously, but I am re-creating the questions as many didn't understand.



A few days ago, I was happily browsing the net on my usually reliable PC, when it suddenly crashed. When I restarted it, it would fail to come to windows, and keep restarting itself after POST. I assumed this was either the power-supply or hard drive, then finding out it was my hard drive later on.



I took this hard disk, and put it into my other computer as a slave (didn't want to lose anything). When I turned it on, it said 'ERROR PRIMARIY SLAVE S.M.A.R.T COMMAND FAILIURE' or something to that effect. Press F1 to continue.. and so I did. Then windows XP starting checking the disk (Automatically)... deleting, restoring, repairing etc etc stuff (Many errors).



On desktop, I was hoping I may be able to access my slave hard drive (get my emails, pictures and bioshock saves off it ), but no luck. It would almost freeze the computer when trying to do anything with it.



How can I get my files back? :(



Corrupt hard drive - How can I recover files??norton internet security



Recuva, might be of help to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment