Friday, August 21, 2009

Laptop won't stay connected to Internet?

First I am not computer savey at all I need suggestions please, I keep losing Internet connection while working. After initiating the diagnose and repair directive it sometimes will activate most of the time it directs me to unplug the router wait 10 seconds and try to connect. This happens five six times daily. Is my Router bad or do I need to try something else?



Laptop won't stay connected to Internet?spyware removal



If wireless, Might be the router, I had the same problem after I upgraded my router with a newer firmware, after that it kept disconnecting me. I finally got another router and it worked fine. I would say, try your laptop on another wifi spot, like Panera or some free place. If it works fine there, then it's not your laptop, but the router, if it is still bad, then it may be the laptop's wifi card. They now sell wifi usb sticks, which you can buy, instead of having to send the laptop somewhere.



Laptop won't stay connected to Internet?virus protection software



Have you got it set up wireless? if so it could be your wireless connection,where ull need to alter a few things the best thing to do is to contact your service provider as they can also run line tests to make sure your line is ok, as there maybe a fault on the line if it keeps cutting of
You did not state what type of connection. If hardwire, yes I would suspect the router if you have done all the updates to the computer device. There have been several released lately for the Realtek devices. If wireless, change the channel to get away from interference from other wireless devices. I always start with 11. Make sure you have a good antivirus and have run an active scan recently.
Try checking your blue tooth device if your using one. Maybe your hard ware is not functioning well or if your using modem then maybe your modem is defective or your provider is not a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment