Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Why is my DSL not working properly?

We use Yahoo-SBC-AT%26T DSL



We also use a Linksys router



Both my wife's laptop and my desktop are wireless



The DSL modem shows no internet activity now



The other day I could connect to some sites but not others. When I went to Yahoo.com all but the images loaded up, but I couldn't navigate off of the main page (even the news on the main page was updated). I hit the reset button on the back of the Linksys and repaired the connection from the system tray icon and then it worked perfectly. The next day I cannot connect to any site, I've tried resetting both the modem and router and repairing the wireless connection...but nothing.



Our computers aren't detecting the wireless network and the modem isn't showing internet activity. What is the problem here and how can it be fixed?



Why is my DSL not working properly?hijackthis



go to START %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; CONNECT TO %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; then click PROPERTIES %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; click tab WIRELESS NETWORKS %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; then under PREFERRED NETWORKS select the connections that aren't yours then click remove. That might cause an automatic connection. Or try to remove your modem and router plugs for 15 secs then plug it back, works all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment