Sunday, August 23, 2009

To install XP on Vista or not to install XP on Vista - that is the question?

I bought a notepad w/ Vista and would like to install XP on it. A Best Buy customer service guy said that Best Buy's Geek Squad would install XP for free. I come back to Best Buy the next day to have them install XP but two Geek Squad guys are telling me there is a high chance XP WONT work once it is installed. I wonder if they said that because they dont want to do it for free. What do you think?



I dont want to spend $100+ on XP software and find out it wont install.



I spoke with a PC repair guy who said that he would charge $175-$200 to install XP and that there is a HIGH CHANCE it WILL work.



Should I have Best Buy try to put XP on? I would be sick if I bought XP for $100 and found it wont work. That is a lot of money to take a chance on but I really hate Vista. I have nightmares about it. I actually dreamt Bill Gates was trying to kill me. I have my own laptop and would rather use a slower desktop computer because it has XP. What are the chances XP would work properly?



To install XP on Vista or not to install XP on Vista - that is the question?symatec



Yes XP and Vista can be installed at the same time on different partitions though. Problem with windows is that it only boots from a primary partition! The real issue here stands in making windows believe it's booting from a primary partition which in fact it's not!



It's really easy to do so (there are many software available now that do this very easy and quick).

No comments:

Post a Comment