Friday, August 21, 2009

I cant tell if my XP is Home or Professional!!! maybe you can help.?

my computer got messed up and i had to repair it. I used an applications and drivers cd, that Gateway had sent me. When repairing, one of the installation screens that poped up said "XP Professional" on it. but after installation, when my computer starts up, it says Windows XP, nothing about home or pro. When i go to control panel, then press system, it says my computer is "XP Media Center Edition". When i go in to Tune Up, (a pc optimizing software) and i look at my computer info there, it says i have XP Pro. And just today i was searching through my computer, and i found the "XP Profesional" start up image (the image that pops up on the screen when you turn on your computer) deep in the WINDOWS folder in my computer. i have no idea what is going on... maybe some one else does. please comment. tx!



I cant tell if my XP is Home or Professional!!! maybe you can help.?windows



Its Media Center Edition. For further research,



Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Information and check there.



Media Center Edition is nothing but Professional with a few added resources for multimedia



I cant tell if my XP is Home or Professional!!! maybe you can help.?antivirus download

No comments:

Post a Comment