Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What is a CD rom boot? And how do i do it! Thanks much guys.?

the reason why i ask is cause the other day my pc was having problems and just restarting it self. It wouldnt let me start the windows xp disk cause i was tryin to repair windows. But i have a computer guy here in phx where i live and he said to do a cd rom boot. I had no idea on how to do that. So thats why i ask here how the heck do i do a cd rom boot. Cause i want to learn on how to repair and refomat my own pc so that way he dont have to come here and do it for me. I seam to break my pc like every other month or so haha And i dont even go to limewire either.



What is a CD rom boot? And how do i do it! Thanks much guys.?microsoft office



Before you do this try re booting to an earlier time. Go to my computer open view system information, go to system restore hit OK and it will give a date you can restore from. Try that first. A complete system restore from the disc will wipe out everything you have on your hard drive. You will have to re enter windows and office and any programs you loaded. All your files will be erased and you will need to reload Yahoo.



If you d this as I have to do make sure you buy a backup hard drive and back your computer up. Then everything will be fine. You will still have to reload all your programs but your files won't be lost.



What most people don't realize is the hard drive only lasts two years. It is mechanical and spins at 5400 rpm or larger better ones spin at 7400RPM. so the bearings wear out. Then your data is lost because the disc won't spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment