Friday, August 21, 2009

Unable to view workgroup computers?

This happened out of nowhere. Before this, I was able to view workgroup computers in my network (MSHOME). Just a few days ago, it stated that i am unable to view the workgroup comps %26 the network path couln not be found. I checked and my workgroup is MSHOME. I dont know if this is related to the fact that I clicked the repair connection for my LAN connection. Help?



Unable to view workgroup computers?virus



Make sure the computer browser service is running (Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services) - if it isn't, turn it on and reboot. If it is, turn it off, reboot, turn it on, then reboot again. That service enables your PC to see others in your network.



Unable to view workgroup computers?anti virus



Well what protocols do you have loaded? If you are running TCP/IP is there a DNS server or a WINS server on the network? TCP/IP has no method of discovering machine names. If you run IPX/SPX protocol as well as TCP/IP that takes care of it but it does introduce more traffic to the network. When you repaired the connection it may have removed the IPX/SPX or Netbuei protocols that had been previously installed and now has no way to reference the computer name to the IP address of the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment