Friday, August 21, 2009

My mechanic had me fix something that didn't need to be fixed. Can I sue?

I paid $50 for a computer diagnostic cause my battery kept draining over night. They told me that my amplifier was wired incorrectly and it was never shutting off so they simply removed the fuse. Everything was fine and then about a week later the car was hesitating to start. Sometimes it would take a couple of minuetes to start the car. The mechanic said my battery was fine and that I needed a new starter. They wanted to charge me $350 for the part but I found it brand new for $150. They were not happy about this. After my car was repaired they told me to have my battery replaced cause they had to charge it and it drained overnight when it wasn't in the car. Now my car is having a hard time starting. The point I am getting at is that it dosen't seem that I needed a starter to begin with and all along I just needed to replace the battery. After they began working on the car a couple of guys told me it sounded more like a battery problem. Can I sue them for this?



My mechanic had me fix something that didn't need to be fixed. Can I sue?nortonantivirus



no. i'm sure you signed the work order and told them to go ahead. you might want to get a 2nd opinion, or find another mechanic. they were just taking advantage of the fact that you are a girl...they do it all the time. unless you told them no, and didn't sign anything, they did what you "wanted" them to do. it sucks, but it happens. i'm sure even Midas does some tampering at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment