Sunday, August 23, 2009

Laptop help about connecting to internet?

my parents planned to get sbcyahoo dsl and we got it but we've never actually installed it onto the computer. in my laptop, i just plugged in the phone cable into my laptop and then my laptop got signal to get onto the internet wherever i went in the house. though at times the signal would go off then id hav to repair the connection. but now that we actually installed the dsl into a computer at home (not my laptop) the internet connection in my laptop wont work. i tried connecting the modem to my laptop, and it used to work, but stopped workking so i gave up trying. but isnt the laptop supposed to be wirelessa and automitacially connect by itself? what should i do? my lapyop is a dell if that helps. and am i supposed to know anything about the network key or something,.



Laptop help about connecting to internet?noton



you conncet the ethernet cable to the back of the router on the port that is marked ethernet then you take the other end of the cable to the ethernet card on on the back of your pc you conncet it to the port marked ethernet



then you conncet the other cable to the back of the ruter port that is marked DSL then you take that cable to the modem box conncet it to the port marked on the modem marked DSL



then you conncet the modem cable box to your phoneline box



conncet the power cable to the router and put the power on

No comments:

Post a Comment