Sunday, August 23, 2009

Having problems with NETGEAR 2.0 USB adapter, little help?

I have looked at other answers but could not find a specific one to my issue. I bought a USB 108 Mbps wireless USB 2.0 adaptor from NETGEAR. I currently have my own wireless network with a LINKSYS wireless router. I plugged in the adaptor to a computer and attempted to link into my router. I entered all my passphrase codes. The software from NETGEAR does indeed capture the signal, but I get the little warning from XP saying "The connection has limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the internet or some network resources. The problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer". When I try to 'repair' the connection it attempts to 'renew my IP address". After a minute I get the warning saying it could not renew the IP address. I am currently running Windows XP.



Little help?



Having problems with NETGEAR 2.0 USB adapter, little help?computer security



What your are getting is an address know as Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA).



169.254.0.0-169.254.255.255



This occurs when you can't link with the DHCP Server in the router.



The fact that you say it is 108 MHz tells me you have an "N" type of adapter. If the Linksys Router is not an "N" type router, then it is up to the Netgear Adapter to auto-baud down to the "G" type speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment