Thursday, August 13, 2009

Spyware removal question?

I ran norton antivirus scan on my computer after coming across a high risk infection. Norton didn't repair or delete it, but it was a spyware threat. It showed me the name of the infection, I found it on my computer and deleted and deleted it from the recycle bin. Is that enough to remove it? I haven't run another scan yet but I searched my computer for the infected file name, it didn't show up..im hoping it's gone



Spyware removal question?auto protect



You'll want to scan your computer after a reboot to be certain the infection has been completely removed. The problem with malware infections currently isn't what you detect, it's what you don't detect. Sometimes a spyware infection is simply a spyware infection, but it can be a symptom of a virus, trojan, or rootkit that isn't detected by your security software. The best thing you can do is get a second opinion, in the form of a second scan that's as comprehensive as your installed security software. If you go to



http://housecall.trendmicro.com



you can perform a full scan through your browser for viruses and spyware to see if there's anything Norton didn't find.



Spyware removal question?downloads



Try using this free spyware remover. I use it daily. It's great for finding the other stuff that your protection may miss:

No comments:

Post a Comment