Friday, August 21, 2009

Good Company for Hard-drive Data Recovery?

My computer's hard-drive crashed and according to a local repair company it won't even "spin-up". Has anyone had any experience with sending their drive to a 'data recovery' company? Which one? Were you satisfied and how much did it cost?



Good Company for Hard-drive Data Recovery?vista



drive savers has been good for me. however, they're not cheap, just like ontrack or anyone else in the data recovery business.



Good Company for Hard-drive Data Recovery?antispyware



If you want the best then OnTrack is the way to go however they are probably the most expensive. They are certified by almost all the harddrive manufacturers to take the drives apart to recover data.



They are very easy to work with. You call them, they want a small fee up front to do the diagnostic, they scan it to see what they can get, and call you back and let you know.



On average, I have seen their cost be between $900 and $1500 depending on drive size and damage.
I did the troubleshooting myself when I thought my hard drive crashed. I bout a new computer and simply took out my old hard drive and installed into my new computer. Some companies will charge you an arm and a leg for something very minor. First make sure that it really IS your hard drive.
I just came accross this website, you can find information on data recovery:



http://the-hard-drive-data-recovery.blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment